Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 2

Aislinn is catching on quickly! I was afraid she would resent the fact that Liam gets to go to school and she has to stay home, but she's really having fun and I can tell that she enjoys the one-on-one time with her mommy. When I tell her it's time for school she hops right into her chair and seems ready for anything. I sure hope this excitement about school lasts!

Our topics this week:



We've started an alphabet book. I printed out a tracer page for each letter and stapled them together with a card stock cover. She decorated it with stickers and did the first page, "A." We will do one page per week. We've also done a few other worksheets to reinforce the letter A and the number 1.

She did an apple tree coloring page and we made a construction paper apple tree. If the weather holds we will go apple picking before the end of the week and bake an apple pie. Today we studied ants. She did an ant coloring page, we read about ants and then went out in the yard in search of ant hills. (we have plenty of those!) I forgot to make the thumb print ants I had planned, so we'll probably do that on Friday. We'll also explore our color of the week, aqua. We are going to melt some crayons (blue and green) to make our color of the week. When it cools she can color her circles coloring page with her new aqua crayon.

I thought it would be fun to show you around our "classroom." Also known as the dining room, craft room, computer room and occasional laundry folding room....



Above the piano we will display our weekly letter collages.



Here's one half of our alphabet boarder and below, the artwork, painted by Aislinn.



The other half of the alphabet and Liam's artwork. The kids painted these about a year ago.



And this is our schedule board. The day flows so much better with the schedule, and if I don't stay organized I tend to forget things. Although, I've been a tad bit out of whack the past few days, sometimes I just can't face "clean-up time!"

It'll be fun to look back at these pictures when we reach the end of the year.

No comments: