Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

It's that time of year! :::happy dance::: Time to pack up my oldest and send him off to 4th grade. Ahhh the peace and quiet my youngest had today with Mommy all to herself!

The kiddos are 9 and 4 years old, Liam and Aislinn. Today was Liam's first day back at school, he said he had a good day and seemed in good spirits so my guess is that his transition went well. And of course, like every first day of school he's had so far, he came home with homework... for me! It took me an hour to fill out all those forms, but I am proud to have finished my "homework" early. tee-hee

Tomorrow is a big day for both of my little critters. Liam starts dance class (modern dance) and Aislinn will be starting homeschool preschool. I started up this blog to keep track of our educational endevors. Both with Aislinn's preschool and with Liam's 4th grade year (his first year with an IEP for his sensory processing disorder/anxiety disorder.)

Here's a pic of Liam, headed to school! The conversation between the two of us when this picture was taken sounded something like this, "Liam, let me take your picture." "The sun is in my eyes!" "Say cheese!" "Mom, switch places, the sun is right behind you." "It's the first day of school, and we're late, let me get a quick picture" "Ugh, the sun!" "Oh, just say cheese and get in the van..."

No comments: