Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another First Day

Another good first day, Aislinn was having a blast doing preschool this morning! She was having so much fun that when I suggested taking a break for snack time she said, "no, I wanna keep doing this." I was shocked, she never misses a chance to have a snack!

This is what we're focusing on this week



I decided that instead of jumping right in we'd spend this first week playing some games to help me figure out where she stands. We played four games today. The first was a straight-up flash card game. I showed her a card and she tried to identify the letter. She got three letters today, A, S and O. The next game was a find it flash card game. I put out eight letter cards and asked her to find one of the letters, then I'd replace that letter with a new one from the deck. She was able to point out A, B, I, J, L, O, Q, S, U and Z.

We then did these same two games with numbers. She was able to identify 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 when we did the flash card game, and 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 when we played the find it game. On Friday we will do something similar with shapes and colors.

My Goofy Little Preschooler



Here she is hard at work on her book. It's all about her and she was very excited to start it. She did all of the coloring today and we will put the book together tomorrow and read it together.


No comments: