Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 6

It was a short week this week, due to the holiday weekend and the shopping trip Aislinn and I went on for Halloween costumes. But we still made it through all of our activities and worksheets. She's loving the worksheets, it makes her feel like a big girl, doing homework like big brother. I believe we started out with 5 different preschool workbooks. I pulled them all apart and put them in an order that fits our focus each week. Between the workbook sheets and the sheets I find online she's doing at least 10 pages per week. Here's what we focused on this week...

You can't have the letter E as the letter of the week without talking about elephants! It made sense to choose gray as our color of the week, to match the elephant. We also talked about eggs so we looked at the oval again for our shape this week.

She picked right up on the concept of equal, math really is her strong suit. I just might introduce greater than and less than signs soon, I think she'd get a kick out of it.

Here's our big project this week. We went for a hike in the woods near our house and collected little twigs. When we got home we glued them to the paper in the shape of a nest and put some eggs inside! Aislinn must have used half the container of glue on this project, it took at least 3 days to dry.

Before I sign off I just had to add the very first picture I took with my new Nikon D40!

I'm still learning so I'm pretty much just using it as a point and shoot, but I'm starting to venture out and experiment. It's so nice to be able to caputre the moment, instead of catching the moment that happens half a second after I clicked the shutter button. It's hard to predict what kids are going to do and I ended up with so man bad pictures because of that damn delay on my Kodak. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. Let's just say, I like my new toy...

No comments: