Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 8

I forgot to take the picture of our "Of the Week" chart before I changed it for this week, oops. Let's see if I can remember what our focus was:

Letter = G
Shape = Diamond
Number = 8
Animal = Giraffe
Color = Orange
Word = Ghost

In honor of Halloween we chose orange as our color of the week (and did a lot of pumpkin painting) and made a paper ghost for our word of the week.
Like the arms Aislinn added? That ghost has personality! It was a week full of seasonal activities and I ran out of printer ink, so we breezed through her workbook pages in no time, working on her letter, number and shape of the week. We didn't do too much with our animal this week, we usually at least check a book out of the library on the subject but we weren't able to make it this week. We did talk about giraffes though, and she surprised me at how much she knew about them. And to my surprise the first feature she pointed out was the color of a giraffe, and it's spots, etc. No mention of it's long neck...

No comments: